The Arkansas truck accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Alan LeVar have handled truck crash cases caused by a variety of circumstances.
According to U.S. Dept. of Transportation, there are some common reasons that truck accidents happen. The government reports that the following are chief among the causes of truck accidents:
- Overcrowded roads and highways
- Speeding and other reckless driving
- Visual impairment
- Poor weather conditions
Federal government reporting further underscores that “driver error” is at fault in most truck accidents, which is why drivers of passenger vehicles must be extraordinarily cautious when navigating around semis, big rigs, school buses and other commercial vehicles.
Here are three things that drivers of passenger cars, motorcycles and other small, private vehicles can do to avoid accidents and stay safe when driving near trucks:
- Driving Near Trucks Tip No. 1: Avoid allowing your own vehicle to travel in a truck’s blind spot. Know that blind spots are larger with larger vehicles.
- Driving Near Trucks Tip No. 2: Danger zones when driving near trucks include the right-rear, mid-left and right-front.
- Driving Near Trucks Tip No. 3: Avoid passing a truck unless you feel absolutely certain there is enough space and time to do so safely.
If you or a loved one is involved in a truck accident, and you’re unsure about what to do, pick up the phone today and call the Arkansas accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Alan LeVar to schedule your case consultation: (888) 220-7068.