The law is clear: property owners have a responsibility to take certain reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of those who visit the property in question. This doesn’t mean a property owner is responsible for literally everything that happens there, but it does mean that the owner must maintain a safe facility.
When an owner fails in this responsibility, innocent people can suffer significant injuries. If you’ve been injured as a result of a property owner’s negligence or misconduct, Arkansas premises liability lawyer Alan LeVar and his staff can help you.
At The Law Offices of Alan LeVar, we’re capable of investigating your accident to determine its cause and pursuing compensation on your behalf.
If you need to speak to an Arkansas premises liability lawyer after being hurt in an accident, please call The Law Offices of Alan LeVar today at (888) 220-7068 for a free consultation
How Premises Liability Laws Work
There are many ways you might suffer a personal injury while on someone else’s property. These include:
- Slip and falls
- Falling merchandise (especially common at big box stores)
- Faulty wiring
- Negligent security
- Crumbling or otherwise poorly maintained stairs
- Potholes in the parking lot
This is far from a complete list. And you shouldn’t hesitate to speak with the Arkansas premises liability lawyer at The Law Offices of Alan LeVar, even if you don’t see your specific accident factor listed.
What Are the Obligations of a Store Owner?
When you patrionize a business, you have a number of rights. One of the most important is the right to be safe and secure while on the premises.
Premises liability law exists to help victims like you when a business owner fails to live up to his or her obligations. These obligations include:
- Maintaining the facility and making sure it meets all relevant safety standards
- Keeping the business and facility clean and dry; failure to do so can lead to slip and fall accidents
- Staffing the facility with adequate security
- Openly and clearly labeling all potentially dangerous areas
- Providing help for customers who need assistance lifting large or heavy items
Our Little Rock personal injury lawyer can look into your accident and determine if the people responsible for the business neglected any of these responsibilities. If they did, you have a right to pursue justice and compensation through the courts.
Accidents can happen at any store, from a tiny, one-room business to a massive big box facility. But regardless of the size of the busines, you and other customers have a right to be safe while shopping.
How Our Premises Liability Lawyer Can Help
You might not believe that you have a claim. Many of our clients thought the same way before speaking with our Arkansas premises liability lawyer. We can help in ways you might not even imagine. This includes:
- Thoroughly investigating the scene to determine fault
- Crafting a compelling case proving liability
- Negotiating with the property owner to reach a fair settlement
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
Our ability to investigate your accident is crucial to the protection of your interests. Mr. LeVar has 17 years of experience as an accident investigator, which means he is skilled in using investigative tools to uncover the true causes accidents.
If you’re an Arkansas resident, you’ve been hurt on someone else’s property as a result of their negligence and you want to speak to a premises liability lawyer, please contact The Law Offices of Alan LeVar today for a free consultation.