After you’re injured in an accident that was not your fault, or your loved one was the victim of an injury that was not his or her fault, it’s important to move quickly to schedule your personal injury case consultation.
The best way to make the most of that initial consultation, and the glean as much information from your attorney as possible about whether or not your case has the elements of a successful personal injury lawsuit, it’s important to diligently prepare.
Getting Ready to Meet Your Lawyer
If your attorney has provided you with any pre-meeting paperwork, be sure to fill out that paperwork well in advance of your appointment time.
Then, set about gathering as much documentation or photographic evidence as you can to illustrate when and how the injury occurred, as well as any medical attention that was necessary in the aftermath of the injury. If there were additional expenses related to treating or coping with the injury, such as time lost from work, include documentation to prove those expenses.
Some typical documents to have on hand the first time you meet your Arkansas personal injury attorney might include:
- Police reports
- Relevant medical and hospital records
- Insurance provider information and bills
- Copies of any insurance company correspondence related to the accident.
- Doctors’ diagnostic reports
- A list of all the way your life was impacted by the accident
- A calendar of important dates related to the accident.
During your appointment, prepare to tell your personal injury attorney about your life, your background and your current contact information. Since the purpose of this consultation will be for your lawyer to gather as much detail as possible with which to build your personal injury case, prepare yourself to answer myriad questions from your attorney.
Also, prepare your own questions for your attorney. Some common questions new clients might have include:
- What is the statute of limitations for my personal injury case?
- Will I qualify for pain and suffering compensation?
- Tell me about your successful verdicts and settlements?
- Tell me about your fee structure?
When you need a thorough, thoughtful Little Rock, Arkansas personal injury attorney, please contact the Law Offices of Alan LeVar at online or by telephone at (888) 220-7068.